Pets provide us with the companionship and comfort that we crave as humans. Making you’re your pet is vaccinated against dangerous diseases is one of the best things you can do to ensure your pet lives a long and healthy life. Vaccination introduces a disease antigen into the pet's body and protects the pet from a pathological attack. Westside Animal Hospital in Cincinnati, OH, will help you determine the vaccinations that will be most beneficial to your pet.
The Vaccination Process
At Westside Animal Hospital are ready to advise you on the best ways to care for your pets and provide professional wellness checkups. We have a team of certified veterinarians who will assess your pet's breed, age, and other medical factors to provide you with the best puppy care solutions. We will give you a puppy care guide, a vaccination schedule, or just general advice. You will also benefit from wellness checkups at unbeatable prices.
Benefits of Pet Vaccination
Vaccinating your pet is just as important as vaccinating yourself. Benefits of pet vaccines include:
- Treatment is more expensive. The cost of treatment for a sick animal is expensive, whereas immunization jabs may cost as little as $20.
- Proof of vaccination is required for travel to some countries or states, grooming, and boarding facilities.
- New threats are deterred. When we take our pets outside our homes for walks or travel, we expose them to diseases spread by the various contaminants within the environment and other pets. A pet owner with a fully vaccinated pet does not need to be concerned about such infections.
Factors to Consider Before Getting your Pet Vaccinated
- Common Vaccinations - These are core vaccines for your pets, such as rabies, canine hepatitis, distemper for dogs and rabies, feline distemper, and feline herpesvirus type I for cats. Non-core vaccines are also provided based on a veterinarian's assessment of your pet's exposure risk during routine pet wellness checkups.
- Booster Vaccines - As maternal antibodies decline, a booster vaccine is required to reduce the risk of puppies and kittens contracting preventable illnesses.
- Age to start pet vaccination - A responsible pet owner should visit a qualified veterinarian for the first pet vaccination as soon as possible, and after every three weeks until the pet is four months old. A wellness checkup is crucial for rescued pets without any vaccination history record.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Veterinarian for Pet Vaccination Services in Cincinnati, OH
For pet vaccination and wellness checkups, visit our veterinarians at Westside Animal Hospital in Cincinnati, OH, today or make an appointment by calling us at (513) 574-5000.